Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sassafrass and Other Nothings

It really urks my squid that students cannot write original , creative titles for their essays. Am I the only English teacher on the planet that is bothered by miniscule complexities that have no bearing on a child's future whatsoever?

And, for all English literature/history/geography buffs who did not read Friday's Coloradoan, apparently the legendary Ithaca , home of Odysseus of the Odyssey, has been found. I was so excited- I may have wet my pants (further discussion on that later).

Thought for the day- What did you NOT do this weekend?

1 Comments:

Blogger Bud Hunt said...

Greg,

I wonder about titles, too. Are they important? MAybe. Maybe not. But I do hat ereading essays that are called "Essay 1." It gets old.
Fast.

2:07 PM, October 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home